Switch Classic Blackjack
Switch Studios presents Classic Blackjack, the latest title in a suite of exciting games and a back-to-basics-style entry into the world of online blackjack in NZ. A proven classic that’s been given new life thanks to a minimalist design, Classic Blackjack lets you:
- Play blackjack online for real money – with standard bets available.
- Experience optimal table entertainment whether you’re on mobile or PC.
Best of all, you can enjoy it right here with us as it’s one of our fabulous online blackjack games at Spin Casino.
Why You Should Play
To play blackjack online means you can enjoy virtual table games from home or while you’re on the go. That applies to Switch Classic Blackjack too, as it’s been successfully adapted for your enjoyment on mobile or desktop.
Furthermore, this is an entertaining but simple-to-play game with one regular deck of cards. Below, a brief synopsis of what else it includes:
- Standard bets: Split Hands, Insurance, and Double Down.
- Chip sizes: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 200.
- Maximum bet size: 200.
- Minimum bet size: 1.
- Default bet size: 10.
- Maximum payout: 800 with 40 as default bet.
- One of our top-rated games! We give it a hot 4,5 out of 5.
The Standard Bets
To formulate any kind of online blackjack strategy, you must understand when to opt for any of the standard bets and how they work. In Switch Classic Blackjack the bets include Split Hands, Double Down and Insurance – we discuss the rules of each below:
Split Hands Rules
- You can split two cards with the same value only.
- Once split, a bet equalling your regular bet is put on the second hand.
- Splitting Aces and drawing a 10 gives you a value of 21 but is not Blackjack.
- Splitting 10s and drawing an Ace also gives you a value of 21 but is not Blackjack.
- You can only Split Hands once per game.
Double Down Rules
- If your first two cards are a 9, 10 or 11, you can Double Down.
- A Double Down bet is the same value as your regular bet.
- You will receive one card and your hand will stand.
- Double Down is not possible after a split.
- You can take Insurance against the dealer getting Blackjack – if they have an Ace as their first card.
- This bet is half your regular bet amount.
- Insurance doesn’t cover any second hands on Double Down or Split.
- Insurance is taken off the table if the dealer doesn’t get Blackjack.
- Insurance pays out at odds of 2:1 when the dealer gets Blackjack.
When playing Switch Classic Blackjack online, the payouts are as follows:
- Standard wins pay out at odds of 1:1.
- Blackjack pays out at odds of 3:2.
- Insurance pays out at odds of 2:1.
Rules Of The Game
Switch Studios released Classic Blackjack in 2019 as an entry in its special suite of online and mobile casino blackjack games. The game has clean graphics and minimalist design complemented by realistic sound effects. Below a brief synopsis of the game:
- Played with one regular deck of cards.
- Prior to each game the deck is automatically shuffled.
- The dealer must stand on all 17.
- You can Double Down on 9, 10 and 11.
- Split Hands can be applied once only.
- Split 10 and Ace both count as 21, not Blackjack.
- If dealer’s hand exceeds 21, it’s a bust hand and you win.
- If you and the dealer have the same hand, it’s a push hand and you’ll get your regular bet back.
- Malfunctions void all plays and pays.
How To Start Playing
Whether you want to play real blackjack online on your PC or step out with a mobile blackjack game at your side, first things first – you must sign up for a new player account at Spin Casino.
Once you’re registered with us, you can log in to find all the games we have on offer under the tabs like Pokies, Live Casino, Poker, Jackpots and more. For our online and mobile blackjack games, simply click/tap on the Table Games tab or type in the name of the game in the search bar.
Switch Classic Blackjack will be waiting for you to launch the game. Plus, you’ll have easy access to banking and more for a seamless gaming experience when you play blackjack online for real money.
Once you’ve launched Switch Classic Blackjack, you will find that the game’s layout is simple to navigate with easy-to-understand rules found under the three-lines icon or Menu tab.
- The arrows on the bottom of your screen show the various chip sizes.
- Click/tap to bet in the circle on the game table.
- Click/tap the Deal button to initiate the game.
- Click/tap the Clear button to remove all bets from the table.
- Stand means you don’t want any more cards.
- Hit means that you want another card.
- Split Hands bet means you split your hand into two hands with a bet equal to your regular bet.
- Double Down bet means you can add one more card on hands with 9, 10 or 11.
- Insurance bet can be placed against the dealer getting Blackjack.
Similar Games At Spin Casino
Want to play blackjack online for real money with us at Spin Casino NZ? Here, we’ve got a plethora of fantastic titles on offer.
Powered by leading software providers like Switch Studios, Microgaming and more, this means that you’ll find online and mobile casino blackjack games with excellent graphics, crisp-clear sounds, and exciting bets.
If Switch Classic Blackjack is tickling your fancy you might want to check out Premier Blackjack with Lucky Lucky™ – which also has Insurance, Split Hands, and Double Down bets, as well as its own special side bet called the Lucky Lucky™. This side bet can offer you odds of up to 200:1 for a suited 7-7-7 combination.
If there’s something else you’re looking for, we have plenty other exciting online blackgames games for our NZ players to try out.