Area Link™ Phoenix
Harness the volcanic power of fire to hatch three mythical eggs in the latest addition to Spin Casino’s fabulous range of online pokies.
Area Link™ Phoenix! Pummel the reels with fireballs to trigger the Area Link™ feature and enjoy six different pathways to fortune, with a chance to hit a scorching 5,000x Grand Jackpot!
Why You Should Play Area Link™ Phoenix
Here are reasons to play Area Link™ Phoenix pokies online at Spin Casino:
- Medium-high volatility suitable for high and medium rollers
- Simple layout: 5 reels, 3 rows and 20 paylines
- Area Link™ feature with Red, Orange and Magenta Upgrades
- Upgrades can combine features
- Symbols include Card Royals, high value Gems, Phoenix Wilds and feature-triggering Fireballs
- Minimum bet of 0.20
- High-roller-friendly maximum bet of 50
- Maximum potential payout of $250,000
- Jackpot ladder with a Mini, Minor, Major and Grand Jackpot
- Dynamic scaling for optimised mobile play
- One of our top-rated games! We give it a 4,5 out of 5.
Jackpots And Bonus Features
The mainstay of Area Link™ Phoenix is the innovative Area Link™ mechanic and its four different variations. Here’s how it works:
- Area Link™: As soon you land on yellow, orange, magenta or red Fireballs on the reels, there’s a random chance that you’ll trigger the Area Link™ feature. Orange, magenta and red Fireballs collect to the same colour egg above the reels. If Area Link™ goes off, you receive 3 respins plus a Phoenix Upgrade determined by what combination of Fireballs triggered the feature. Fireballs are locked into position and remaining respins reset to 3 if you land any more Fireballs.
- Orange Phoenix Upgrade: You get a random multiplier of 2x, 3x or 5x your bet with every respin. Any yellow Fireballs are multiplied once the first time they lock into place.
- Magenta Phoenix Upgrade: You get a second Area Link™ feature array that plays out independently of the first array, until either all spins are completed on both arrays or you’ve filled all the reel positions.
- Red Phoenix Upgrade: Red Fireballs appear during this feature and award an instant collection of all credit prizes and jackpots. After that, they’re replaced by yellow Fireballs.
- Multiple Phoenix Upgrade: One base spin can trigger a combination of Phoenix Upgrades! If Orange and Magenta trigger together, the multiplier applies to all new yellow Fireballs. An Orange and Red combo applies the multiplier to the yellow Fireballs that replace the Red Fireballs. If Red and Magenta go off at once, the Red Fireball only collects awards inside its own area.
- Grand Jackpot: If you fill all 15 reel positions during Area Link™, you win a Grand Jackpot worth 5,000x your bet.
Symbols and Payouts
Seasoned New Zealand pokies fans will notice that Area Link™ Phoenix doesn’t have a huge variety of symbols, but the symbols it does have work very hard to fan the flames of fun!
- The low pay regular symbols are the Card Royals 9, 10, J, Q, K, A, and they pay out from 0.2x to 2x your bet if you land 3-5 of a kind.
- The high pay regular symbols are Green Gems, Purple Gems, Orange Gems, Phoenix Gems and Feather Gems, and they’re worth anything from 0.5x to 10x your bet for combinations of 3 or more
- The Wild Symbol is a Phoenix that substitutes for all regular symbols. Wilds also pay premium – land 5 of a kind to win 20x your bet.
- Fireballs can be yellow, orange, magenta or red. They don’t pay out on their own but they do trigger the Area Link™ feature, with its three different upgrades.
Area Link™ Phoenix is a brand new fire-themed pokie and the debut release of Area Vegas Games, who have clearly put a lot of thought into the theme, design and game-play. The setting is a fiery lava cavern somewhere deep in the bowels of the earth, where the Phoenix has invited you to help hatch her three mystic eggs.
Since Phoenix eggs require heat to hatch, the path to success lies in raining fireballs onto the 5x3 grid in a bid to trigger the innovative Area Link™ feature, which opens up a total of 6 different ways to play the feature, as detailed above. A special mention goes to the Magenta Phoenix Upgrade, which doubles your opportunities to fill a set of reels and win the Grand Jackpot. Area Vegas Games put a lot of work into the soundtrack too, capturing the intensity of the lava cavern. Listen for the cry of the Phoenix!
To play the game, all you have to do is register an account with Spin Casino New Zealand, find Area Link™ Phoenix in our online pokies lobby, set the size of your bet and hit “Spin”. Select autoplay for up to 100 continuous spins and click on “turbo” if you’d like the reels to spin faster. Be mindful that this is a medium-high volatility game that requires a responsible bankroll management strategy.
Similar Games to Try at Spin Casino
Looking for more medium-high volatility online pokies in New Zealand? Countess Cash transports you to the perfect environment for gamers who like a challenge – a luxury casino! Stack up your chips and get ready for Stacked Wilds, 4 Metered Prizes and Free Spins with a 3x3 jumbo reel.
For a different kind of challenge, Wild Link Frenzy takes you to the great outdoors for the fishing expedition of a lifetime! The Alaskan wilderness setting is serene but the volatility’s still high, thanks to expanding reels, increasing paylines and instant cash prizes. A must for any sports fans among New Zealand’s online pokies players!
Explore Countess Cash and Wild Link Frenzy at Spin Casino, home of our best online pokies in New Zealand.