Classic Blackjack Gold
We’re taking it back to the classics with a straight-forward online blackjack game in Canada. Classic Blackjack Gold is part of the line-up of online blackjack games at Spin Casino, and if you’re looking for a good start, then this might just be the perfect way to begin your journey.
Before we start, let’s have a quick overview of what it entails to play this blackjack game online for real money:
- The game is played with one standard deck of 52 cards, shuffled before each game.
- The aim is to get a higher value hand than the dealer, without exceeding 21.
- The dealer gets one face-up card, while the player receives two face-up cards at the beginning of each game.
- Dealer must stand on 17.
- Face cards have a value of 10.
- An Ace can have a value of 1 or 11.
- Stand will end the play, while Hit will indicate that the player would like to receive another card.
- Blackjack is a combination of an Ace and a card valued at 10.
Why Play This Game?
Classic Blackjack Gold is probably the most original of all online blackjack games and is pretty straight-forward, especially if it’s the first time you’re trying your hand at blackjack online. Plus, it has been modernised with a wood-finished table to enhance your experience, hence it’s part of the Gold Series of blackjack online games. And you can play it here at Spin Casino as it’s featured as one of the online blackjack titles in Canada.
While there are no side bets available as with other real blackjack games, here are some of the best sizes and other bets that you will find when playing:
- The minimum chip size is 1.
- The maximum chip size is 200.
- Only one hand can be played at a time.
- Standard bets include Double Down, Split and Insurance.
- One of our highly acclaimed, fan favorite games! We give it a shiny 4,5 out of 5.
The Standard Bets/Features
Any blackjack online game will have standard betting features, and Classic Blackjack Gold is no different, as it does indeed offer the Double Down, Split and Insurance bets as options.
- If your first two cards have a combined value of 9, 10 or 11, you can choose to Double Down.
- Double Down means that you will receive only one more card at double your original bet.
- After the next card, your hand will automatically stand.
- You can choose to Split if your first two cards have the same value, e.g. 2x Aces, 2x Fours, etc.
- This means that your hand will be split into two separate hands.
- You will place a bet on each hand separately.
- Your original bet will apply to the second hand, so you will play two hands with two separate bets.
- If the dealer’s first card is an Ace, you will have a choice of Yes or No for Insurance.
- This is an extra bet of half your original bet, if the answer is Yes.
- If the dealer gets Blackjack, the payout will be 3:2.
- If the dealer doesn’t get Blackjack, you will lose the Insurance bet and the game will continue as normal.
Playing blackjack online is a game of skill, and it’s therefore important to understand the game first, as well as find out more about the payouts. Let’s take a look at these when playing Classic Blackjack Gold:
- The minimum bet is 1.
- The maximum bet is 200.
- Blackjack pays 3:2.
- Insurance pays 2:1.
- Standard win pays 1:1.
In order to calculate the payout, simply divide the odds. For example, if the odds are 2:1, divide the 2 by 1 which is therefore equal to 2. Multiply this by your regular bet and add your regular bet – this will equal your total win.
The Gold series of blackjack online games has taken this popular table option and added a more luxurious look and feel to it, like wood-finished tables for example. Classic Blackjack Gold was released as one of the first real online blackjack titles in the series back in 2006 by Microgaming.
Here’s a quick summary of this blackjack online casino game:
- The game is played with one standard deck of 52 playing cards, which is shuffled after each hand.
- The dealer will receive one card (face-up) while the player will receive two cards (face-up).
- Face cards are valued at 10.
- An Ace can have a value of either 1 or 11.
- The dealer stands on 17.
- Surrender is not allowed.
- Double Down and Splitting are allowed.
- Insurance is provided as an option.
How To Play
If you would like to play online blackjack in Canada and don’t have a Spin Casino account yet, then you simply need to register a new account which is a simple process. Alternatively, if you’re already a member, then you can head to the Tables section once logged in and find Classic Blackjack Gold.
Upon launching the game, you will need to select your bet size and tap on the placeholder to place your bet – then click/tap on Deal to start playing. Here at Spin Casino, you can play blackjack online for real money, or select the Demo option if you want to first familiarise yourself with the game.
- Select the left arrow next to the game screen to play with sound on or off.
- Select the right arrow next to the game screen to get a quick overview of the game rules.
- Select the arrow next to the chips to increase/decrease your bet.
- Click/tap on Tap to Place Bets in the betting square to place a bet.
- Select Deal to start the game.
- Select Clear Bets to change your bet or Rebet to bet the same total as the previous game.
Similar Games At Spin Casino
Have you tried Classic Blackjack Gold and want to switch things up a bit?
We can also recommend other online blackjack games at Spin Casino, such as Classic Blackjack with Noble Diamonds™ from Switch Studios, with winnings of up to 2000x the bet possible when matching royal cards in the special side bet.