There are plenty of blackjack games to be played online, and Switch Studios has certainly upped the game with online blackjack titles offering various exciting side bets. But every now and then, you might want to go back to the classic, original play of a blackjack game.
European Blackjack from Switch Studios offers just that: simplistic play on a stylish royal blue table, with standard bets and regular blackjack payouts. If you’re a newbie to the world of online blackjack, then this one might just be for you, so let’s do a quick overview.
- European Blackjack is played with 2 decks of standard playing cards.
- Players are dealt two face-up cards while dealer’s dealt one.
- The dealer must stand on 17.
- The dealer cannot take a peek at its face-down card.
- Player can Double Down on a two-hand combination of 9, 10 or 11.
- Player can Split once to make two hands.
- A Split that contains an Ace and a 10-value card counts as 21 and not Blackjack.
- One of our trending games! We give it a charming 4,5 out of 5.
Why Play This Blackjack Game?
European Blackjack is a simple, back-to-basics online blackjack game, which offers new players, especially, the chance to enjoy the game with no extra features to worry about. It’s straightforward and easy to understand. That said, playing real blackjack online still requires skill, so you will need to know the basics before playing.
Here are some of the bet sizes in the European Blackjack game:
- Minimum bet is 1.
- Maximum bet is 200.
- Chip sizes are 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100 and 200.
- Splitting, Double Down and Insurance are available as the standard bets.
- Only one hand per game is played at a time.
Some of the latest online blackjack games from Switch Studios offer a variety of extra side bets, but European Blackjack is a standard game with regular features, including Double Down, Splitting and Insurance.
- You can double your original bet by selecting Double Down, if your first two cards are a hard 9, 10 or 11.
- Once this bet has been placed, you will receive only one more card and the game is over.
- If you get closer to 21 than the Dealer with a Double Down bet, you will win double your bet.
- If your first two cards have the same value (e.g. 2 and 2 or Jack and Jack), you can split your hand to create two separate hands.
- A bet equal to your original bet will apply to the second hand.
- Both hands are played separately and will be completed before it’s the dealer’s turn.
- You cannot split 10-value cards that are not of the same value (e.g. Jack and Queen or 10 and King).
- An Insurance bet can be taken out if the dealer’s first card is an Ace, and you think there may be a chance that the second card will be a Jack, Queen or King.
- The Insurance bet is half your original bet and will be placed as an extra bet.
- The bet will pay out 2:1 if the dealer gets Blackjack, however, the bet will be lost if the dealer does not get Blackjack.
Once you understand the regular bets, it’s easy to calculate the payouts when you know the odds of playing blackjack online. With European Blackjack the standard payouts are as follows:
- Minimum bet of 1.
- Maximum bet of 200.
- Standard win pays 1:1.
- Blackjack pays 3:2.
- Insurance pays 2:1.
Want to calculate a payout? If the odds are 2:1, for example, divide 2 by 1 – this will equal to 2. Simply multiply this by your original bet and add your bet to find out the total win.
European Blackjack was created by Switch Studios and released in May 2019, as one of the classic online blackjack games available at Spin Casino. Here, you can enjoy the game on both desktop and mobile devices, but before you start, let’s take a look at the basics when you play this blackjack game online.
- European Blackjack is played with 2 regular decks of playing cards, which is shuffled after each hand.
- The aim is to get as close to the total of 21 than the dealer, without going over.
- If your total is more than 21, you will Bust and therefore lose the game.
- Selecting Hit indicates that you would like to receive another card.
- Selecting Stand indicates that you do not need another card.
- If both the player and the dealer have the same total at the end of the game, it’s called Push and the original bet will be returned.
How To Play
If you would like to play blackjack online at Spin Casino, you can simply register an account or log in with your existing details and make your way to the Tables section.
You will also have the choice of playing in demo mode first with casino credits, before moving on to play blackjack online for real money. Remember that demo mode is free and therefore the winnings are not real and cannot be withdrawn.
Launch the game, select and place your bet to start playing. If you do not have funds available, you will be able to go directly to the Bank tab to make a safe and secure deposit with a variety of options to choose from.
- The left and right arrows on the bottom left will reveal the different chip sizes available.
- Select your preferred bet size and click/tap on the betting circle on the table.
- Click/tap on Deal to start the game.
- Clear will remove the bet from the table.
- The 3 horizontal lines at the top left will show the game rules and settings.
- By selecting the Settings option you will be able to play with or without sound and have the choice to play with or without the dealer’s voice.
Similar Games At Spin Casino
If you have tried European Blackjack already, or you want to enjoy a similar game but with something extra, we can recommend Premier Blackjack with Side Bets, another title from Switch Studios.
This online blackjack game is another original classic, with two special side bets available: 21+3™ and Perfect Pairs™.